You don’t need us to tell you how easy it is to lose business. You could waste it on technology that you don’t know how to use or put a half-finished product out there. If losing business sounds up your alley, here are the three sure ways that will do it:
- Overpromising and underdelivering – Imagine buying a computer that claims it reaches XYZ speed and it turns out to be the slowest computer you’ve owned? Fulfil your product or service promise; otherwise, you can say goodbye to this customer forever.
- Poorly trained staff – Customers expect staff to be knowledgeable about the products and services they are offering.
- Being unresponsive – You have 10 minutes to contact leads or they start looking at your competitors offers. Isn’t that crazy? You would need to have a support team 24/7 and 365 days a year to meet this expectation.
Don’t sweat it, we will go through tips on how to increase your responsiveness with the help of technology and automation.
How Can You Increase My Business’ Responsiveness?
It’s true that you can be unresponsive to customers at any stage of the sales pipeline, but one of the worst times you can be unresponsive is when a lead wants to reach out for more information or has a question. If you fail to provide a response (automated or genuine) within 10 minutes, there is an 80% decrease in lead qualification.
With this in mind, here are a few ways to increase your responsiveness as a business to improve your chances of nurturing and converting a lead.
Autoresponders keep the conversation flowing
Even if you don’t have the time (or energy) to take a phone call from a customer, one of the easiest methods to keep the conversation going is to enable autoresponders. As a customer, isn’t it irritating when you can’t seem to get in touch with a business or you are put on hold for ages?
Autoresponders, calls or SMS, can be enabled to let the customer know that you are currently busy and will get back to them. To take it a step further, add a calendar link to an SMS autoresponder so the customer has the option to book a callback time.
Use an Internal System for Managing Communications
Think of all the communication channels that your customers can get in touch with you…
- Web chat
- Google My Business
How can you possibly manage incoming and outgoing communications from various channels? A clear internal system is needed in order to keep track of enquiries coming in and the responses, or else you may have customers falling through the cracks.
In addition to an internal system, consider your standards for communications and response times. Both are crucial to determining whether or not a person will do business with you in the first place, or come back again if they are an existing customer.
One platform for all communications: You need LANA
Do you want to take advantage of an automated text responder? How about a platform where you can see every conversation between your communication channels?
With LANA, our lead capture and nurture system, this is all possible. Our automation platform is designed to streamline your business processes, enabling easy customer communications.
See how important it is to be responsive to your customers? If you would like a deeper understanding of how automated text back can help improve your customer’s experience, book a 15-minute demo today!
Check out our other blog posts:
- 5 Ways Your Business Can Save Time By Automating Repetitive Tasks
- Looking To Make The Most Of Your Marketing Campaigns And Funnels? Read This!
- It’s Tedious But Essential: Let’s Talk About Measuring Marketing Performance